Prayer seems to carry some importance in the series.
- Dan Blevins is seen praying over The Bible when Casey Blevins got her acceptance letter from Morning Glory Academy
- When Ike and Jade are trying to help send Casey and Lara Hodge into the past, it is not until they join hands and pray that they are successful.
- As The Truants prepare to leave for the academy, Akiko notes that Fortunato has been praying "non-stop for like, four hours".
- When Fortunato and Akiko encounter the ceremony, they join hands and pray and then David comes.
- When Danielle Clarkson and Fortunato are about to be caught by Georgina Daramount, they pray and manage to mind control Georgina.
There are also several instances of the praying hands gesture.
- Irina clasps her hands when asking the Truants to just trust her even though she was not entirely truthful.
- Clarkson clasps her hands when asking Kathy to allow Casey to apply to Morning Glories Academy.