There are multiple references to the Christian bible:
- Reginald Gribbs quotes Isaiah 14:14 (New International Version), "...I will make myself like the most high" to Casey Blevins
- Irina relates the story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego, which was recounted in the book of Daniel.
- Abraham and Isaac are a reference to the story in the book of Genesis 22: 8-13, which Abraham related to his three year-old son Ike. 8:13 is also the time that Hunter always sees.
- There are image references to the Abraham and Issac story in the orientation talk and in Abraham and Cynthia's apartment.
- Jade and Ike discuss the story of Job, which was recounted in the eponymous book of Job.
- Psalm 116:3 (King James Version), "The sorrows of death compassed me" is heard when Casey Blevins time travels.The rest of the passage is heard on the radio when Clarkson is driving, and the station won't change.
- The unnamed woman in the cell says that "God has spoken to me--He has given me a vision. Like Daniel, I have seen the writing on the wall", a reference to the Book of Daniel.
- Daramount refers to Lara as the "Prodigal Daughter" a reference to the parable of the Prodigal Son.
- Entering The Cave requires a large stone to be rolled away from the entrance, a possible reference to the burial cave of Jesus in Luke 24:2.
- The school mascot is a Ram. It is the symbol of the first sacrifice: Abraham was told to sacrifice the ram instead of Isaac in Genesis 22:8-13.
- Many of the passages from Genesis 3 (King James Version) echo themes from the series:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened , and ye shall be as gods , knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened , and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
- The pastor at the funeral of Jade's mother quotes from Revelation 21:4.
- When being beaten by Harry and Barry, Fortunato quotes Psalms 23:4.
- Abraham discusses the story of Lot's Wife with the children. 
- ↑ Morning Glories #5. December 22, 2010.
- ↑ Morning Glories #21. August 29, 2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Morning Glories #24. February 13, 2013.
- ↑ Morning Glories #1. August 11, 2010.
- ↑ Morning Glories #17. March 28, 2012.
- ↑ Morning Glories #13. October 12, 2011.
- ↑ Morning Glories #28. June 26, 2013.
- ↑ Morning Glories #3. October 20, 2010.
- ↑ Morning Glories #12. September 7, 2011.
- ↑ Morning Glories #34. October 30, 2013.
- ↑ Morning Glories #35. November 27, 2013.
- ↑ Morning Glories #37. February 19, 2014.